Dear Students and Parents,
We are monitoring the coronavirus news closely, and we want to keep all of our students and families safe.
Here are the current recommendations for reducing the risk of transmission:
1. Wash hands diligently. Make it fun! Wet your hands, apply soap, and recite both parts of the student oath (which takes about 20 seconds) before rinsing. ATA Tigers should recite the Tiger oath twice.
2. Don’t touch. Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth in public. If it’s unavoidable then wash your hands before doing so.
3. Practice good respiratory hygiene. Cough and sneeze into your sleeve, not into your hands.
4. Avoid shaking hands with people. For now, we will not be shaking hands in class. Fortunately, we have another way to show respect for our partners and instructors: the traditional bow.
5. Avoid close contact with people who are ill.
We have hand sanitizer at the front counter, and we are working on getting more of it. (As you probably know, supplies are low everywhere.) We also have disinfectant wet wipes. We already clean our school often, however we will be making sure we do it a bit more vigorously.
The local schools are taking their guidance from the state health department. As long as the schools are open, our classes will continue as usual. If the schools close due to a heightened concern about coronavirus transmission, then we will offer live video instruction (by Zoom, Skype or a similar platform) until schools re-open.
We will be keeping everyone updated!!