Welcome to Coppell AMA (Adaptive Martial Arts). AMA is a tae kwon do program designed to utilize Martial Arts as a medium to improve motor skills, cognitive skills, and social skills in children, young adults and adults with special abilities. AMA works to design a program that works for each individual bases on their individual needs. The program uses the student’s interest in Martial Arts to develop their strengths.
Training includes work with concentration exercises and focused breathing (the foundation of Martial Arts), as well as punching, kicking, and general conditioning. The emphasis is self-discipline and self-motivation. The goal of the program is to help each individual improve and learn to appreciate the many benefits of Martial Arts, while improving their physical, cognitive and social skills.
- Adaptive Martial Arts has been used by a variety of children, young adults and adults, including those with Attention Deficit Disorders, Autism, Aspergers, Down Syndrome, Cerebral Palsy, Muscular Dystrophy, and sensory problems.
- Ages 4-6 Tiny Tigers; 7-12 Juniors; 14 & up Adult
- Individual, small group, supported mainstream, and mainstream classes are available.
- We are an approved Therapy through both Baylor Children’s Hospital and Scottish Rite Hospital of Dallas
- Call today to schedule your Free Private Lesson for evaluation.